Thursday, September 28, 2006

Lady in the Water

I went and saw a really unusual film last night called Lady in the Water. It's the story of how the beings from the Blue World need to get in contact with the humans on the land. Kind of a mythical/fantasy children's story brought into life. It's all set in a block of apartments and their surrounds. The main guy, Cleveland, is so odd but likeable and he really makes the movie.


It's made by the same guy that made Signs which I didn't see because I thought it would freak me out. Anyway, this was only PG so I thought it must be harmless. But it had so much suspense and parts of it kept me guessing right till the end. Intriguing, the kind you don't want to take your eyes off. It has some really biblical themes in it which was interesting. The main girl, Bryce Dallas Howard, was so strange looking as she is a being from another place. The side characters were all really quirky types.. ahh it was just hilariously strange!

I think it's worth recommending, but I'm not sure. Don't go in expecting a particular genre of movie as I'm not sure if it really fits into one.. but good anyway (I think!).


No comments: