Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Girly crap

Hey,

Haven't really been interested in my blog of late I'm afraid. It's become a bit of a chore this week or 2 or 3!

So, I've pretty much been living in the old-timers ward at RPH for the past (almost) week with my Nan. She had a stroke and as I have been away when she's had 2 others, I have really latched onto this time. I let myself get really anxious and distressed (before turning to God and being flooded with this overwhelming peace) while I was away and she had a stroke (2) and I heard the progress which sounded really awful. I know, old people tend to get sick then die. But I wasn't ready for that! And nor was/IS Nana. I so wanted to be here, visit her and just be a part of what was happening. So anyway, I've been so grateful to God that he cares and kept her healthy and that I can spend time with her now. I've never had anyone in my family or anyone close to me (just people that are close to people I am close to.. yeah?) pass away or anything so the thought of it freaks me out in an incredible way. It's so good to have been able to help the family out after they did so much with the last ones. Nana is so cute! She comes out with the funniest things in an effort to be insanely polite.. it's really funny.

Church had a "Her Time Occasion" tonight called Energy. Very timely! I've always avoided such things thinking they'd be all fluffy and Oprah-ish and nancy. But Cath did a post about how good they were from the last one and I thought I can't really lose anything from going. So I swung by after hospital to see if I could get a ticket (I could). It was actually really good (I know.. everyone else probably already knew..) and even though a lot of it was about kids and married life related to 40+ year olds, a heap of it is just about being women and I could totally relate. Kristy from The Biggest Loser (I think that was on while I was away as I hadn't seen it) was there and seemed like a genuine kind of woman with some great advice. Kelley Chisholm spoke about some stuff that was really good. A lot of it was about realising what depletes you of energy and how to set your life up to deal with those things so you can get on with everything you've got to do. I can't remember most of it cos I was tired (which I didn't feel so bad about cos it seemed a lot of people there were lacking energy from the sounds of the crowd) but there was some really good stuff. A funny point is when you swing towards matyrdom with your daily life - I could totally relate! Terrible! Anyway, the whole feel of the night was really warm, professional and fun. Good job I say! Next time I might drag my mum and sister in law's along: I think they'd really enjoy it.

As mentioned, tiredness has set in. Looking forward to seeing The Red Shoes ballet this weekend with 3 girlfriends. Should be a hoot I reckon. Anyone seen it?

I promise I will write something really exciting next time!

Kel

xxx

P.S. They asked an interesting question tonight and I would love to know.. how many hours a night do you sleep on average??

1 comment:

annettetherocker said...

I usually sleep 8-10 hrs a night. Sounds good I know...but unfortunately most of the time it is lacking in quality and I wake up exhausted.

Hertime WAS great. Kel Chis had some really encouraging and challenging stuff to say.

Peace out Kel.