Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Work work work

Well, I've been back at work this week (new job) and I've been really enjoying it. I love working hard, organising things, setting goals and achieving them. I get so much satisfaction from it. Although I think there are areas of my life that I'd rather avoid so I put my heart and soul into doing a good job so I can feel successful/normal in one area. I think I've been on this train a while - it's not really a good thing. But it's good to be doing some work anyway :) I'm starting to feel a bit better about being in Perth again. Not hating it so much which is always good!

Caught up with an old friend tonight and had a lovely dinner. Went across the road to this funky place (I can't remember the name.. it's on Murray St, called F'uche or something like that) for dessert. There were these brilliant musicians playing out the front on the sidewalk, kinda funk style. We went in and I said we were just there for coffee and dessert and the guy proceeded to give us free stuff! This beautiful entree stuff and champagne! (it wasn't just us, the table next to us too) And I worked out that it cost them more for what they gifted us with than what we actually bought. Not bad! It is a really fresh new place (I heard it's been open 6 months) - well worth a visit! It's opposite Tiger Lils if that helps.

I'm seeing my cousin tomorrow who is getting married in a month. It's all very exciting. I wasn't around for the engagement and everything so it's a good a time as any to get into wedding mode and be really excited for them. They make a really nice couple. Natty and I went through Grade 3-12 together so we've been "around" each other a lot for a while. It feels weird to have to catch up with people like Nat now after it being so normal for so many years to just see her around. We grow up, life changes things. So, it''ll be nice to see her tomorrow anyway :)

It's a bit of a nothing post. I don't really want to write much on here lately. Don't know why. Just don't! I need to start taking some photos and chucking them on here. That'll brighten the place up!

Things to look forward to:
  • Kate coming home in a month from more overseas travels (contracting lovely parasites on the way!)
  • Savannah's state gym comp
  • Mum's 60th do
  • Starting my new savings plan
  • Doing some research/planning about some future dreams
  • Natalie and Steve's wedding.. yay!
  • A date with my friend to see The Red Shoes (ballet)
  • Seeing my cousin Kristy in October.. hanging out for that
  • Buying a new kettle for Sharon (man, I love kettles..)

That's about it for the next little bit. Blog again soonish.

Kel

xx

4 comments:

Mv$H said...

Hey Kel, it was great to see you again on Sunday - you look so sunny and radiant :) Did you just get the job on Monday, cos i'm sure you said you didn't have a job on Sunday! Where are you working? If you're in the City, do you wanna join a group of people from my work for lunch time runs? The Bhuudist isn't among them :-) haha

Kel said...

I'm not in the city at the moment and not for the next 2 weeks either.

Yeah, I got the job monday.. and I got offered a job yesterday, very exciting! I don't want it though. Back to 9-5.. it's not so bad.

Next time I'm in the city I'll have to hook up with you though.

Seeya x

*jessix* said...

Just wanted to say hey & glad you're getting back into the swing of things...even if it is boring 'ol 9-5. hope to see you while you're still here tho!

ToNyAKAsErG said...

congrats on the job!.. good to hear that perth is growing on u again ;)