Saturday, August 26, 2006

Run Baby Run

I've been a bit self-indulgent this week and have been doing some reading. I wanted to let you know about an old classic (if you haven't already read it) called Run Baby Run by Nicky Cruz.

What an amazing story. It's about a bad-ass teenager from Puerto Rico living in New York and how he gets involved in gangs and stuff. Great description.. He's living a dark, blood-thirsty life on the run until he encounters God through a preacher coming to the ghetto he lived in. The way his life is transformed and years of hatred, nightmares and bloodshed are stripped away from his heart to reveal such a beautiful heart: so passionate for God. He's such an amazing man - but the testimony is really just to God and at His love and the immense power behind it. To transform even the toughest life and then use it to reach people with love and compassion (kinda like Saul/Paul). Such a great read: Kel recommends!


It's my baby boy's birthday party today. My nephew Caleb is turning 9! Wowsers.. I remember how much time I've spent with him as a newborn, toddler, kid. He's such a caring, sweet boy. But so freakin tall! When I got back this time he was up to my nose, the crazy critter. But he's still not old enough to not want hugs and time with his aunty Kel :) Yay! He has such a sensitivity combined with a really easy going and joyful disposition that I know he's going to make a great man of God. Go Cabes! I love you a WHOLE lot!

OK, better get the day going. Have woken up at 5 or 5:30 every morning this week. For no good reason - it sucks!

Love Kel

xx

No comments: