Thursday, November 02, 2006

New beginnings

Howdy,

Well, as of tomorrow I am starting a new, permanent job. It's at Rocky Bay and I'll be working in human resources to do with recruitment, training, inductions and more. I am so pumped about it!! I have really been thinking about the kind of place I want to work (rather than the usual, what kind of work I want to be doing) so I did a bit of research on one of the government website (DOCEP I think) and found a whole heap of charity organisations to work for. I don't want to assume some kind of naive/head-in-the-clouds kind of view on life.. but for me right now, I just don't want to be working for a corporate kind of business. I have to feel as though what I'm doing is actually having some kind of positive effect on someone's life. Not just making money. And I'm not doing that in a thinking-I'm-better-than-anyone-else kind of way either, I was just really excited when I worked out who I wanted to work for, and went through a million websites looking for their vacant positions and got so inspired and enthused by seeing the kinds of jobs I'm after (although most of them were in Syd or Melb.. boo). Yay! Oh, and I probably shouldn't have really even gotten the job for a number of reasons: I found it on the web late and so had to ask for a late application, which they accepted when I didn't think they would; I didn't have the relevant experience they were looking for, 2 years of it; I had to bail on an interview (due to a crash, so I think that was a fair enough excuse) and there was something else too, can't remember. I was pretty shocked I got the job to be honest. But for some reason I really wanted it and I am always so pleasantly surprised when I've asked God to take over the situation and He did it is this way - nice work!

So, as well as getting that job, I have moved house this week too. Well, my brother kind of moved me, but I am going to be living there :) I'm with 2 lovely girls that I have gotten to know since moving in - Amy and Anne - and they're really great! I have been dreading going back to share-houses.. just the risk of moving in with weirdos or feeling unsafe/uncomfortable in your own place can cause a bit of apprehension. No need to fear when God's in charge! Nay, it is going to be the house o' fun this summer. It takes me less than a minute to walk to the river, so plenty of bike riding, sunshiney action on the way, yay.

Things are just cruising along really. Fairly fast. Heaps has been happening since I got back and I feel like God's kinda taken the reigns and gone "sit back, let me do life with you and it'll be all good". And it's the truth. Stuff I've been dreading for years have turned out to be easy! And the things that have been sorted have been easy! Thanks God for your faithfulness, always. You never cease to amaze me and all I want to do is tell you how thankful I am. Not just for the crap you take me out of, but for who you are. It's craziness.

Also reading a great book - Blue Like Jazz. My cousin bought it for me ages ago but I had it packed away and found it in a box. Fantastic read. Just a really different way to approach God and Christianity. Highly recommended by me :)

That's all for now. Hanging out for the Big Weekend, but more so for Church Together - probably my favourite event of the year. In case you don't know what it is, it's where loads of churches across Perth get together in a big park in the city centre and have church together.. Excellent stuff. Kinda like a slive of heaven. And I love Hillsong United and they're playing, yay! Ok, blog again sooner..

Kel

xx

5 comments:

Mv$H said...

Good on you Kel - that is a really big-hearted decision you have made there with your employment. It is touching to know you have put others' needs ahead to make a difference in their worlds. Wow, they are so lucky to get such a radiant and glowing employee working for them! God Bless you Kel!

Darren W said...

Hi Kel!!

You're coming to Melbs soon?? That'd be great! Next time we'll have to make good on our tennis plans :)

So glad to hear you've got a job that seems like it'll be quite meaningful. I hope your first week has been a good one. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel i've found your blog thanks to Daz. Good to hear things are going great. Rocky Bay hey, sounds like fun. Craig always talks about his days at Rocky Bay. Hope things are going well overall!

Mv$H said...

hey babe, just letting you know the Chrissy lunch stuff arrived today - and guess what - we got the BEST jobs!!! :) We're all gonna be STEWARDS this year, which means we get to shake the hands of all the homesless guys. I am so stoked, that was my first choice and i got six places. Get ready for an awesome festive season. Oh, did i tell you i usually go a bit nuts with decorating myself - you'll have to dress up too :) hehe

I'll catch you soon and give you a proper briefing ;P

Love ya hun.

Mxxx

HaRRy BoY said...

Hello Kelly..

Where are all the posts???

Or are you too busy kissing your brand new BoooYYYYYFRieennnnndddddddddDdddd..

ooohhohhhhhh

Kelly has a boyfriend everyone... !!